Thursday, April 25, 2013

Death


 Though in good health, a sudden fear of death took hold of the boy Venkataraman.
 He felt he was going to die.

Immediately, he lay down with his limbs stretched out and holding them stiff as though death had set in. He withheld his breath and kept his lips tightly closed, so that to all outward appearance his body resembled a corpse. Now, what would happen? This was what he thought:

"Well, this body is now dead. It will be carried to the burning ground and there burnt and reduced to ashes. But with the death of this body, am I dead? Is the body I? This body is silent and inert. But I feel the full force of my personality and even the voice of the "I" within me, apart from it. So I am the Spirit transcending the body. The body dies but the Spirit that transcends it cannot be touched by death. That means "I "am the deathless Spirit. "

The above incident led him to the realization of SELF which is called ATMA ( Sanskrit equivalent for the Soul) and which is actually the property of God. 

Eager to read at Bhagwan Sri Ramana

No comments:

Post a Comment